FESTIVAL INSPIRED LOOK + SIMPLE SURVIVAL TIPS
I had the time of my life attending the Full Moon Festival and kept asking myself, "Why haven't I done this before?!"
I posted several photos and snippets of my day on Instagram and immediately felt a rush of inspiration to properly recreate this look as a blog post + a YouTube tutorial (be on the lookout for that)! Festivals to me signify joy because so many different demographics come together as one to celebrate their love for music or food. That's something I will ALWAYS stand for any and everyday.
I noticed that many people either go hard or go home regardless of the exhausting heat and intense music. The makeup style is very fun and creative while the fashion look is bright and tropical.
Since it was my first festival, I decided to play with color (but honeyyyy next time I might be a mermaid) by adding a pop of blue on my lower lash line and a true red lipstick. Contrary to the heels I wore for this shoot, I preferred wearing a similar version in sandals for comfort.
A few simple survival tips to keep mind when attending any festival are:
- Pack lightly, a fanny pack or a messenger bag is perfect as you will be walking A LOT! (Should I do a "What's in my festival / Summer bag?!)
- Make sure you carry a portable charger, just in case your phone dies and you need to contact whomever your with.
- In relation to tip #2, have a checkpoint if you plan on splitting up. There's nothing worse than having to worry about losing your squad instead of getting lit!
- Wear sunscreen! I don't care if you're blue, white, or yellow, you NEED to wear sunscreen regardless of your skin tone. I even apply some on my face before wearing makeup.
- Carry cash and don't forget your ID (even if you don't drink) because certain food stands ONLY accept cash moneyyy.
- HAVE FUN! Get out of your comfort zone and dance to the beat even if that particular song isn't your jam because it's contagious.
Have you been to any festivals? I am thinking of attending Coachella and Essence fest next year. What are some recommendations for looks, treats and locations?
SHOP A SIMILAR LOOK BELOW:
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please feel free to click the title and leave a comment below. Don't forget to join my family by subscribing on the side bar (right below the "Meet Aïchatou Photo"). YOU are appreciated!
POSTS YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!