When smile brilliant contacted me about collaborating with them on their teeth whitening kit, I had a couple of questions lingering. Was this safe to use? Could it provide instant gratification and save me from the scary dentist trips? But after consistently using my whitening kit for about 6 weeks, I can confidently say this product really WORKS!
My teeth were relatively white to begin with but because the sides were a few shades darker, whitening my teeth furthermore was often brought up at the dentist. I knew I wanted them to look better but I wasn't willing to compromise my tea addiction nor endure the pain of the process (due to my sensitive teeth)so this was perfect for me.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Once you've ordered your system, a complete package (Whitening & desensitizing syringes, catalyst and base paste and pre-aid postage) will arrive with simple instructions on how to create your impressions and send them back for free, will be included.
- With the dental impressions made from the catalyst and base paste, the labs will create a custom-fitted tray of the exact model of your teeth. This process takes around 3-5 days and the completed tray is sent back to your desired address.
- The whitening process can finally start! Apply a very thin ribbon of whitening gel on the outer area (so you whiten the front) after ONLY flossing and allow it to work its magic for 45 minutes-4 hours. After this step, it is very important to brush your teeth and repeat the same process for 15-20 minutes with the desensitizing gel.
When I initially tried the whitening process, my pain level was around a 4/10 due to my extremely sensitive teeth and gums. Additionally, the desensitizing gel made me form tons of saliva as a natural body response. I gradually progressed my process from 25 minutes to eventually 1 hour as my pain tolerance (honestly I'm like cotton candy, I have none) increased. As seen in the photo above, my teeth are noticeably whiter than before using the kit.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
I have zero shame in asking questions many are often embarrassed to vocalize- so I thought I would share the concerns that were eventually eased by the very patient and kind Smile Brilliant team.
- When should I whiten my teeth? The best time to do so is right before bedtime, this allows the whitening gel to do its magic while you're fast asleep with zero contact to food or drinks.
- Can I swallow my saliva during my whitening process? It's completely safe to swallow your saliva while doing this. Although it is a natural response, your body will eventually get accustomed to the process and you will create less saliva.
- Can I whiten my teeth if I have a crown? While the gel will not work on your crown, it is completely safe to use. Be sure to to carefully use the desensitizing gel after to make sure the bond is intact.
- Can I drink water after whitening my teeth? Absolutely. Please allow 20 minutes after the desensitizing gel to create a barrier.
SURPRISE! I have a special giveaway just for you! In order to win your own customized tray creation kit, be sure to read the rules below. Good luck babes!
In order to be successfully entered, you MUST:
- Subscribe to this blog by entering your email address on the sidebar.
- Follow my Instagram
- Follow Smile Brilliant's Instagram
- Comment on my most recent photo by tagging two of your besties!
- Be sure to sign up for the giveaway after following the instructions above.
**There must at least 10 entries to qualify.**
DISCLAIMER: To save 5% OFF your whitening kit, feel free to use STILETTOSANDSTANDARDS5 but please note that while the kit was gifted to me for my honest review I will receive commission when the coupon code is used.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please feel free to click the title and leave a comment below. Don't forget to join my family by subscribing on the side bar (right below the "Meet Aïchatou Photo"). YOU are appreciated!
POSTS YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
LET'S BE FRIENDS, CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES!
SUBSRCIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!